Saturday, September 05, 2009

It Is What It Is (Part I)

In my small apartment. I was in bed asleep. If not, I was probably half way there. Then I heard the nasty bang. I got up. Waited. Bang Bang.

It was coming from the living room. I was frightened. Bang Bang Bang. The noise rose above my expectation. It sounded like things falling apart from the rack. I jumped out of my bed. It was just too much of a shocker for anybody to handle 3am in the morning.

I looked around my room. There was nothing I could grab to keep myself from any harm. Things that came close were the hangers in the closet, the ironing board & as hopeless as it is, my wedding photo frame from Daiso. I was convinced that the glass on the frame could be pretty fatal if I was to hit someone with it.

The bang continued in the living room. It was getting odd. It didn't make sense for anybody to break into a house with this level of noise. Bang Bang. I looked at my bedroom door. Pondering what was happening at the other end. This was all too peculiar for me. On an impulse, I thought I would rather have a vengeance spirit tearing up the place than a mad intruder.

I tried to put my hand close to the knob. Bang Bang. I backed up. Before I realized I was already at the end of the wall. Fuck I said to myself. Be strong idiot. I breathed in a stomach of air. I frowned hard to make myself as muscular as I can be. And then I let the air out all at once. With nothing in hands, I turned the knob the kicked the door open.

No comments: