Tuesday, September 08, 2009

It Is What It Is (Part II)

With streak of lights from outside hitting the living room. I could see it was still in one piece. Great. The rack looked untouched. The door. The couch. The television. The dining table. Everything looked where it was before. I went to the kitchen. I had a probe into the shoulder high window facing the backyard. If anyone was to break in. That would be the most vulnerable spot. Safe. It was locked. I had my fear under controlled.

Bang Bang. The sound came from the living room. Right under the floor. Jeez. It sounded like someone below hammering the ceiling. The hammer would be triple the size of a normal one gauging by the sound of it. Bang Bang. It continued. I was agitated. I went a level down below my apartment. Stood right in front of my neighbor's door below. As agitated as I was, it wasn't enough to exert myself into knocking his door. I'll wait around for a few minutes I thought. Bang Bang.

I looked underneath his door. It was pitch black. It did not make sense for anyone to hammer the ceiling in the dark. I stood in front of his door. Puzzled. The bang was so loud and I was surprised it failed to get anyone's attention in the building. There wasn't even a bark from the brainless Poodle next door. The brainless Poodle would bark every single time I walk past the door. Follow by the owner's never ending line "Its a friend, Winner. Its a friend"

I went back to my apartment. I looked closely at the floor. Bang Bang. The carpet was moving. I looked again. Bang Bang. Yes, the carpet moved. The carpet was literally breathing on its own. Then it was crack crack cracking sound all over the living room. As you can undoubtedly tell by now, my living room was going to crumple.

No comments: