Sunday, December 25, 2005

Me And The Boy Who is Tired Of Everything

Once upon a time, the exact time I cannot reveal, lives a boy who is tired of all his toys. It isn’t part of his learning to get tired of all his toys at his age, but somehow he did. To make the matter worse, the boy is also tired of the way he looks at things. He has lost interest in seeing things that excite most of the kids at his age. Like birds, rainbows, trees, and the killer bees.

The mother became worried and decided to let the boy to do some gardening. She figured it could trigger him the sense of taking care of little things. Or at least, she wouldn’t have to spend money on hiring another suspicious gardener. The last gardener she hired over watered the plants and all the rabbits died, which is sad, really. They were really cute rabbits. Long ears and all that kind of stuffs, you know.

I remember when I was young I used to have a rabbit of my own. I used to stroke her. Her name is Sally. She smelled awful but if I put her in bath, she will turn to the right smell again. It will also be nice if you slipped in a little extra shampoo into the bath. But be extra careful when you do that, because rabbits don’t like people to do things behind their back. Like one time Sally actually jumped on the kitchen cabinet and finished my coughing syrup just because I coughed behind her back.

Sally was so delicate that I had to put her in my room so she wouldn’t be run over by my brother’s toy truck. Sometime the truck would make deliveries in my room and I had to tuck Sally under my bed. One time the truck delayed its stay when making one of its deliveries, Sally actually made little houses under my bed. It was one of the dumb things that make me chuckle. I would also chuckle if someone nibbles behind my ears. But that is another story.

Of course you wondered what happened to the boy who is tired of all his toys. It will be no surprise if you expected him to over water the plants and accidentally killed himself. But whatever he does, there isn’t much to tell really. Because this boy who is tired of everything, has also made everything tired of him. To be perfectly honest, I don’t like this boy, not even if he nibbles behind my ears.

No comments: