Friday, December 09, 2005

The Runner (Part Four)

‘Erm…’ he took a drag. ‘We are not like ‘born’ to piss on ourselves or…I mean…you know, it’s just that the chances go up if you stand pissing…you’d probably piss on yourself if you stand pissing, right?’
‘Huh’ she rested her elbows on the desk. ‘Why would guys want to stand pissing then?’
‘Because it will look sissy if they sit’ he put the cigarette down on the ashtray.
‘And so they take the chance to piss on themselves?’ she said. ‘Is that true? I have never heard of anything like that’
‘Right, right’ he watched his cigarette sitting on the ashtray. ‘I don’t think this is the kind of thing that anyone would want to bother, you know, like the erm, I don’t know, erm, like how…erm…you know, things that people stop caring?’
‘Uh huh’ she said. ‘I am amazed that I am 27 and still haven’t heard of guys pissing on themselves…I mean…like a common thing as you said…maybe you are right…people just can’t be bothered’
‘You are 27?’ he picked up his cigarette.
‘I just said I am’ she giggled. ‘I hope I am not terribly old’
’27 is great’ he let the smoke out from the nostril this time. ‘I met my wife when she’s 27’
‘Does it make it great being 27?’ she chuckled and placed her fingers in between the cords again. ‘Didn’t know you were married’
’27 is great in many ways’ he flicked the ashes into the ashtray.
‘Uh huh’ she said. ‘Like what?’
‘Like…’ he exhaled. ‘You are still 27 years younger than Elizabeth Montaigne’
‘Uh huh’ she giggled. ‘What else?’
‘You get to…’ he took another drag. ‘You get to …emm…try things and get away with it’
‘Like what?’ she turned to her computer and yahooed Elizabeth Montainge.
‘Like you can call a person fat and get away with it’ he said. ‘And you get to sleep with younger men without really like…pleasing them?’
‘I could do all that way before 27’ she rechecked the spelling on ‘Montainge’. 'How do you spell Montainge?’
‘How do I spell what?’ he put the receiver on his left ear.
‘Montainge, Elizabeth Montainge’ she said.
‘E-L-I-Z…’ he said.
‘Just give me Montainge’ she interrupted.
‘Why?’ he put out the cigarette. ‘Are you trying to google Elizabeth Montainge?’
‘No’ she said. ‘I am using Yahoo’
‘I find Google better in seaching people like Elizabeth Montainge’ he reached over to his coffee mug. ‘You don’t know Elizabeth Montainge?’
‘I know’ she cleared her throat. ‘I just don’t know her well enough’
‘Right’ he had a sip of the coffee. ‘She’s cool, you know. She did a lot of work with Godard.’
‘Uh huh’ she placed her fingers on the keyboard waiting.
‘Do you want me to spell Godard?’ he said.

No comments: